[HOT ROCKIN' METAL GODDESS] Sunday, May 15, 2011 8:04:48 PM
OK, we were just talking and hit upon another thought: what is the record companies take on this? Perhaps KK was all for the album and Epitaph tour and like you said, not on board for subsequent touring. The record company may have said that they had to tour for a certain amount of time after the release of the new album and perhaps do a new tour for it. I don't really know what record companies require from bands, so this is just speculation on our part. But I don't think KK was up for anything past the Epitaph tour and new album. Rob pretty much quit Priest due to the record company believing that they "owned" anything that he penned, so he had to quit Priest in order to be free to do what he wanted. Maybe this has more to do with the record company than anything else? Just another angle to consider....
After watching this video again, methinks, and this is pure speculation, that he'd made his mind up to retire following Epitaph. Likely was not onboard to tour in support of another album. Upon letting the band / mgmt know of this decision wheels were put in motion to look for another axeman to record the new album. Ken didn't know they were looking. Then he found out. IMO he was onboard to record the new album. Just not for subsequent touring.
HOT ROCKIN' METAL GODDESS wrote:
I posted this video before but didn't know the date it was from. It is from MARCH 10, 2011!! KK is talking about the upcoming Epitaph tour and is obviously ONBOARD for it!!! So what the hell happened between March 10 and April 20???? Seems to me KK didn't like how the writing of the new album was going and some management decisions, so he decided to leave the band sometime AFTER March 10th. So many of those tickets were not sold under false pretenses as we believed (unless KK isn't telling us here that he had already made up his mind to leave the band).